I may have gone ever so slightly off the deep end here but trust me, this is AWESOME! Let me know in the comments what “none typical” stuff you like in your dessert. Who doesn’t love Coconut, Toffee and Pig Candy?
Coconut, Toffee and Pig Candy (candied bacon) Ice Cream
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||2 hours|
|Total time||2 hours, 30 minutes|
|By author||Marc Mathe|
Ice Cream Base
- 1/2 Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Extract
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Toffee (You can get them next to the chocolate chips in most grocery stores (I got mine at the bulk food store) you could also take a hammer to a skor bar, that would be good too ;))
- 1/2 cup Pig Candy (Chopped - Recipe Included Below)
- 10 thin slices Quality Bacon (Make your own if you are up to it, It really is worth it)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
There is intentionally more pig candy in the recipe than is strictly required and that is for 2 reasons.
- You can use some extra pig candy to crumble on top of the ice cream.
- It's freaking pig candy, who can't use a few extra slices?