This is the chicken wing recipe that won Sibling Rivalry a fantastic Nascar Truck Race VIP experience, a tonne of Maple Syrup, and a Rec Tec Grill from Anderson’s Pure Maple Syrup (bar none, the best Maple Syrup available south of the 49th paralel). Check back soon for a post about the trip and more top notch recipes cooked on the Rec Tec!
SRQ Maple Syrup Braised Smoked Chicken Wings
|Serves||4 - 6|
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||1 hour, 30 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour, 45 minutes|
|Meal type||Appetizer, Main Dish, Side Dish|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Serve Hot|
|Occasion||Barbecue, Casual Party|
|By author||Marc Mathe|
- 2 tablespoons Hot Sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot)
- 3 tablespoons Yellow Mustard
- 1/3 cup SRQ Maple Sugar Rub (See Notes for a link to the Recipe)
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon (Feel free to substitute with maple syrup/water/any other liquor you like)
- 3lb Chicken Wings (Wing tips removed)
- 2 cups Maple Syrup (As this was a recipe that won us some the Grand Prize from Anderson's Pure Maple Syrup, I would strongly recommend giving them a try!)
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter (cut into large cubes)
Depending on what kind of cooker you are using, you'll have to play with the placement of the pan. Really the magic happens here when the maple syrup starts to simmer gently and the water starts to evaporate leaving you with nothing but luscious sticky concentrated maple syrupy goodness. You may also want to thin out the mustard with a little maple liquor/spiced rum/bourbon... just sayin' (it not only helps put a thinner layer of mustard on the wings for the rub to stick to it tastes quite good as well in a very subtle way).
Recipe for Maple Sugar Rub http://siblingq.com/maple-sugar-rub/
As this was a recipe that won us some great prizes, please think about getting your Maple Syrup here.