This is a very Canadian rub that goes great on pork and poultry, particularly chicken wings! See our apple-wood smoked maple syrup braised wing recipe to see just what I mean!
SRQ Maple Sugar Rub
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|By author||Marc Mathe|
A great all purpose "Canadian" influenced rub/seasoning.
- 1/4 cup Maple Sugar (Anderson's Pure Maple Syrup Make a great one)
- 1/4 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/8 cup Sea Salt (Not too coarse)
- 1 tablespoon Paprika (Sweet smoked paprika if you've got it)
- 1 tablespoon White Pepper (I've only tried this with freshly ground (This is just a colour thing, feel free to use black pepper if that is what you have))
- 2 teaspoons Dry Mustard (Hot)
- 1 teaspoon Dry Basil Leaf (Crushed not powdered)
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper (I actually put more, this really is a)
|Whisk all ingredients to remove any clumps|
|Store in an air tight jar. Preferably somewhere cool and out of the sun.|
Related articles across the web