Coconut, Toffee and Pig Candy (candied bacon) Ice Cream
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||2 hours|
|Total time||2 hours, 30 minutes|
|By author||Marc Mathe|
Rich, creamy and delicious. This bacon ice cream recipe will surprise and delight.
Ice Cream Base
- 1/2 Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Extract
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Toffee (You can get them next to the chocolate chips in most grocery stores (I got mine at the bulk food store) you could also take a hammer to a skor bar, that would be good too ;))
- 1/2 cup Pig Candy (Chopped - Recipe Included Below)
- 10 thin slices Quality Bacon (Make your own if you are up to it, It really is worth it)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
There is intentionally more pig candy in the recipe than is strictly required and that is for 2 reasons.
- You can use some extra pig candy to crumble on top of the ice cream.
- It's freaking pig candy, who can't use a few extra slices?